For over 20 years, Kurzweil Education
working together to make sure learners of all ages have access to print materials.
Both companies believe that people with print disabilities should have the same ease of
access to books and periodicals that people without disabilities enjoy.
Benefits of digital AND accessible books:
- Supports compliance with IDEA 2004 requiring timely access to accessible materials for
- Provides access to general curriculum for students with print disabilities
- Helps create the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) and promote inclusive education
- Provides tools that support Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Reduces costs associated with special education accommodations - as books, memberships and training from Bookshare are FREE
- No need to scan or copy books — Bookshare content downloads right
into Kurzweil 3000
Benefits of Kurzweil 3000:
- Eliminates barriers to reading presented by weak phonemic awareness or phonic skills
- Provides tools for comprehension support and monitoring
- Models fluent reading
- Assists with vocabulary development
- Allows independent test-taking
- Enables all stages of the writing process
Using Kurzweil 3000 and Bookshare files is as EASY as 1-2-3!
Download files from within Kurzweil 3000
Download files directly from www.bookshare.org
Or, become a Bookshare member