- Processor: 1 GHz or faster.
- Minimum Memory: 2 GB.
- Hard Disk Space: At least 4 GB of available hard disk space.
- Sound Card: Sound Blaster®-compatible sound card with speakers.
- CD-ROM drive, full-size keyboard and/or 17-button keypad.
- Kurzweil 1000 is designed to work with scanners that meet the TWAIN standard for
image capture devices, which includes the vast majority of scanners available today.
If you buy a flatbed scanner that is marked with the TWAIN logo you should have no
trouble using that device with Kurzweil 1000. If you are looking to use Kurzweil 1000
with a high-speed scanning device the easiest way to determine 100% compatibility is
to order a Trial Edition of Kurzweil 1000 to test with your scanner. If you should
find a device that doesn't work, please contact Technical Support.
Additionally, Kurzweil 1000 will support image acquisition from the following cameras
HoverCam® Version 5 and
To learn more about these devices, please contact the manufacturer or a Kurzweil 1000 Reseller.
- MP3 File Playback on Other Devices: MP3 player capable of playing multiple sampling rates.
- Operating System: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP®, and Vista®.
Kurzweil 1000 does not currently support thin-client based environments as it was not designed for
some of the special requirements of these systems.