Kurzweil for K-12
A family of research-based literacy assistive technology, the Kurzweil products
provide students with access to text as well as comprehensive reading, writing, study skills,
research, and test taking tools. The software aligns with
Common Core State Standards
and is highly
customizable for individual special education needs or to support inclusion in the classroom.
Kurzweil 3000®-firefly: Literacy and Learning Software
is award-winning literacy software. Anchored in
Universal Design for Learning
is designed to support struggling students. It provides
critical features for students to become independent learners, active participants in
inclusion classrooms or sheltered instruction programs, but most importantly, to keep up
with peers and achieve their full academic potential.
Use Kurzweil 3000-firefly in your classroom to:
- Accommodate a broad range of physical, language, and learning challenges such as
- Support inclusion in the classroom
- Integrate English language learning and
incorporate sheltered instruction
- Differentiate instruction without differentiating curriculum
- Promote independent reading, writing, and learning
- Teach and support effective research, study skills, and writing strategies
- Manage anytime, anywhere access to content and tools
- Track usage to inform instructional decisions
- Provide test taking accommodations
All the tools necessary for academic success, available on multiple platforms so
learning can take place in school or on the go – anytime, anywhere.
Try Kurzweil 3000-firefly now!
Kurzweil 3000 for Windows
Kurzweil 3000 for Macintosh
Kurzweil 1000: Assistive Software for Visually Impaired
Kurzweil 1000 is an assistive technology for students who are blind or with low vision
who need support in accessing print or digital content.
Try Kurzweil 1000 now!
- Reads print and digital documents
- Time saving study skills tools
- Magnification and highlighting functions