Private Onsite Workshops
Our professional development consultants are available to visit your school or
learning center. A private onsite training is a cost-effective way for individual
schools and entire districts to achieve the maximum benefit from their software
investment. We can customize the workshop content to meet your specific
beginner, intermediate, or advanced needs and to help you ensure success for
your teachers and your students.
- Held at your school, enrollment limited to 20 participants
- Customizable content or pre-set themes
- Full day or multiple-day workshops
- Opportunity for internal networking and consultation
- Daily flat fee: $2500/day
Within the context of strong curriculum application, each workshop focuses on
- Developing a working knowledge of Kurzweil 3000
- Integrating technology into the classroom setting
- Developing strategies for adapting curriculum to meet students' needs
These intensive training programs are run by Kurzweil Education Training
Specialists with extensive backgrounds in technology integration and
If you would like more information on how to schedule an on-site workshop at
your school, please contact our Customer Success Services Department
Phone: 800.894.5374 x626
For more information about our Customer Success Services offerings, please see our
Customer Success Services brochure
The following training themes are offered by Kurzweil Education:
Workshop Themes - Kurzweil 3000 Foundations (Windows or Macintosh)
What Is It?
Kurzweil 3000 is a powerful tool for differentiating instruction and making curricula accessible for all students.
In this six hours, hands-on training, educators will explore the reading, writing, vocabulary, study skills, test-taking
and scanning features of Kurzweil 3000 and learn how to apply them in the classroom to support individual, small group and whole class instruction and effectively support students who struggle.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for general and special educators, SLPs, OTs, AT specialists, paraprofessionals and parents who support students with learning disabilities and are new to (or have limited experience with) Kurzweil 3000.
Familiarity with opening, editing and saving files in a computer operating system.
Participants will be able to:
- Use reading features, including reading speed, reading unit, and voice options to accommodate student abilities and learning styles
- Access word support and reference tools to build vocabulary and improve decoding skills
- Use study skills tools including highlighting and text annotations to facilitate active learning and complete worksheets and tests
- Use writing supports, such as talking spell checker and audible typing, to help students become better writers and editors of their own work
- Access and read existing digital materials and the vast resources of the Internet; and create digital curriculum by scanning
Workshop Themes - Kurzweil 3000 Curriculum Integration (Windows or Macintosh)
What Is It?
The goal of this make and take workshop is for you to create a Kurzweil 3000 infused unit of study that you can use in your classroom tomorrow. You will bring the curriculum materials and activities that you want to adapt to enable students of varying skills to work on the same content with varying scaffolds of support. The day begins with a discussion of your project and then you prepare your digital curriculum material by scanning and editing a chapter of print-based text. Once you digital text is created, you will discuss, explore, and incorporate Kurzweil 3000 features in the pre-reading, reading and post reading activities of your lesson. The day concludes with sharing with your peers on how Kurzweil 3000 features were incorporated in your lesson activities.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for General and Special Educators, SLPs, OTs, Reading Specialists, AT specialists and paraprofessionals who are using Kurzweil 3000 for Windows with their struggling students; but want more practical ideas and experience with integrating Kurzweil 3000 into their curriculum.
Prior attendance at a full day Foundations Workshop or other full day Kurzweil 3000 hands-on training.
- Independently scan and edit a chapter of print-based text.
- Create an MP3 file and virtual print and edit a digital file.
- Access online resources to acquire supporting text and build background knowledge.